Join the Avenue Commercial Team
For over 20 years, Avenue Commercial has been a well respected leader in our industry. Our award winning team is dedicated to providing the very best service available. The number one reason for our success is simple – our people! We put a lot of time in training and developing our team members to ensure they have the winning combination to keep our company growing. Looking for an exciting career in Commercial Real Estate? We have current openings listed below, or you are welcome to contact us and we can discuss finding something for the right people!
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGER - EDMONTON
Job Description & Development: Avenue Commercial Real Estate Solutions is seeking an experienced Commercial Property Manager to support our growing portfolio of managed properties throughout Alberta.
University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Real Estate or a combination of education and 3-5 years practical experience in real estate management and leasing specifically dealing with office, retail, industrial properties or with commercial and residential condominiums properties. Holding any of the following professional designations, CPM®, RPA® or working toward such would be an asset. An Alberta Real Estate Associate License (Property Management) is a prerequisite to be eligible for this position, as is a clean driver’s abstract and dependable transportation.
- Proficient and effective communicator in English, both orally and written.
- Can work independently of close supervision.
- Self- starter.
- Creative and effective problem solver.
- Client-centric focused.
- Able to negotiate “win-win” situations with multiple stakeholders.
- Effective project management skills
- Effective multi-tasker
- Team player
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products and Spectra software
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Property Management
- Responsible to manage a portfolio of mixed-use properties in the Edmonton area as assigned from time to time. This may include office, retail, industrial properties as well as commercial or residential condominium properties.
- Manage subordinate administrative and building operational staff.
- Create and maintain at all times, positive business relationships with owners, clients, tenants, suppliers and service providers.
- Analyze costs and prepare annual income, expense and minor/major capital budgets for each property and obtain Owner approval.
- Prepare and submit monthly property management reports on a timely basis, for senior management and owner review and approval.
- Manage income and expenses for each property.
- Develop, implement and manage cost-effective and efficient operational procedures for each property.
- Manage all minor and major capital projects,
- Provide assistance, create and foster a “Team Environment” when working with accounting, administration, leasing, building operations and contract staff.
- Negotiate and maintain all service contracts, ensuring the highest level of service and quality of work.
- Create Health and Safety programs for each property and monitor effectiveness.
- Identify problems and propose/implement solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Attend and oversee meetings with staff, tenants and contractors when necessary.
- Attend after-hours condo board meetings when necessary.
- Travel between properties will be necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
Here at Avenue Commercial, we have dedicated support staff to ensure your success including in-house Financial Services, Mortgage Broker Services, Marketing Department, Legal Services as well as Property Management.
Join a winning team!
Job Type: Full-time